Whether unruly, sparse, or in need of a more flattering shape, Sarah is ready to rehab your arches.
Shaping is a service made up of a customized combination of waxing, tweezing, tinting, and oftentimes a period of growing out. To complete your brow service, Sarah will show you the proper technique to softly enhance, not overpower, with brow pencil. You’ll walk out looking pretty and polished!
Microblading is a less invasive form of permanent makeup (think brow tattoo, reinvented!) that uses a disposable manual hand tool with ‘microblades’ that deposit semi-permanent pigment into the superficial dermis of the skin. Microblading creates the most natural looking eyebrows by creating crisp hair strokes to mimic your natural eyebrow hair. This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows. Microblading is a 2 step process, usually 4-6 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch up.The Process
Makeup & Skincare Tutorials
Looking like your best self every day is more than possible, and easier than it seems. Simplify your routine, upgrade your skincare, and learn trade secrets to looking impeccably put together.
With the help of your coach, Sarah, and custom shopped tools, products, and techniques, this tailored approach will have you looking your best and feeling confident, capable, and polished.
If this sounds like a perfect fit, read below for more details about how to book this curated experience! Your customized tutorial will happen in a series of appointments.How it Works
Reviews From Tutorial Clients
Look Good Feel Good.
Sarah truly believes that looking good is a critical step towards feeling good.
Beauty services, make-up and hair tutorials, wardrobe editing and styling, and special event styling: completely customized. Looking modern, polished and feeling confident in your own skin is achievable…and enjoyable!
Authentic, creative, and resourceful, beauty and image guru Sarah wants to help you “glow up” inside and out, and transform how you see yourself.
Sarah brings a systematic approach to your total image enhancement, whether you need a little help or are starting from square one. Together you will create a personalized plan to polish your look, inspire confidence, and best of all – make it easy and enjoyable. Sarah will also act as your personal image concierge, connecting you with the perfect facialist, colorist, injector or nutritionist.
Sarah would love to discuss the image upgrades that work best for YOU. Let’s get started!
Need to quickly become your best self for an event or photo shoot?
Book a complete hair and makeup session for corporate headshots, a wedding, gala or just a big night out.
Ready to Glow Up?
Book Image services including skincare and makeup tutorials, wardrobe consultation and clean out and personal shopping.
The initial procedure takes approximately 2 hours. During this time we discuss your desired brow look, choose a color and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for your approval. Though our faces are NOT perfectly symmetrical (one side is usually flatter than the other), we do our very best to create as much symmetry as possible! As we like to say, BROWS ARE SISTERS, NOT TWINS. Once you are satisfied with the basic shape and symmetry, the area is then traced over and semi-permanent pigment is applied with a disposable microblading hand tool. This procedure uses a manual hand tool and not a machine.
The second stage of the treatment is a TOUCH-UP appointment. The touch-up takes approximately 1 hour and is included in your service. Touch-ups are done no sooner than 4 weeks of your initial procedure and no later than 6 weeks. If you do not schedule your touch-up within 6 weeks, you will be required to pay a touch-up fee outlined in the touch-up fee schedule.
Initial Microblading Appointment
$950 (includes 1 complimentary touch up at 4 weeks, no later than 6 weeks)
If you have an existing brow tattoo, depending on the fading and color, it may require more work or treatment. In this case, the rate for microblading may be higher – please text or email Sarah prior to booking with a clear, close, and makeup free photo of your current brows.
- Within 6 months – $275
- Within 1 year – $300
- Full price after 2 years
* Touch up rates do not apply to microblading or tattoo work done elsewhere. Full rate applies.
Microblading Booking Policies
Please also read through our FAQs and ensure that you are a candidate for microblading services before booking an appointment.
DEPOSIT & PAYMENT
A $150 non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit is required at the time of booking in order to secure your appointment.
ARRIVE ON TIME
Please arrive on time for your appointment. Late arrivals are subject to a late cancellation fee as well as loss of deposit. A new deposit will be required before rescheduling.
CHILDREN & GUESTS
A distraction-free environment will give you the best experience and outcome. Guests or Children are not permitted to accompany any client to any appointment unless previously discussed and allowed at Sarah’s discretion.
Rates are subject to change.
Should you need to cancel or reschedule your microblading appointment or touch-up, 5 days notice is required to avoid losing your deposit. If 5 days notice is not provided, your deposit will be forfeited.
A no-show will result in forfeiting your deposit, and any rescheduled appointment will need to be paid in full.
A no-show to the complimentary touch-up appointment will result in forfeiting the complimentary session. You may rebook a touch-up appointment, however, you will be charged for the session at the most current rate.
- 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
- 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
- Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
- No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
- Arrive with no makeup for your appointment. A lot of wiping of pigment takes place and makeup can get ruined, so save yourself the hassle!
- Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30-50%.
You are NOT a suitable candidate for this procedure if you are:
- History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring
- Diabetic (require doctor’s clearance)
- Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Organ transplant
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Accutane in the past year
- Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure, Poor general health
- Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would make you NOT a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures.
Microblading is a 2 step process, usually 6-8 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch-up.
STEP 1: The initial procedure takes approximately 2 hours. During this time, a consultation is done where we discuss your desired brow look, choose a color tone and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for your approval. Though our faces are NOT perfectly symmetrical (one side is usually flatter than the other), we do our very best to create as much symmetry as possible! As we like to say BROWS ARE SISTERS, NOT TWINS. Once you are satisfied with the basic shape and symmetry, the area is then traced over and semi-permanent pigment is applied with a disposable microblading hand tool. This procedure uses a manual hand tool and not a machine.
STEP 2: The second stage of the treatment is a TOUCH-UP appointment. The touch-up takes approximately 1 hour and is included in your service. Touch-ups are done no earlier than 5 weeks of your initial procedure and no later than 10 weeks. If you do not schedule your touch-up within 10 weeks, you will be required to pay a touch-up fee outlined in our touch-up schedule.
It is IMPERATIVE you complete the touch-up treatment. Without it, the results will not be optimal. Color will fade significantly within 4 weeks as the skin heals, peels and fades. The touch-up corrects any irregularities in the microbladed hair strokes, color tones and finishes the process.
**Occasionally a third touch-up (4-6 weeks later) is necessary for certain clients where the pigment does not take as well to the skin.**
The pigment used in microblading is semi-permanent and can last between 1-3 years. The pigment will begin to fade within 12 months. In order to keep your brows looking fresh, a touch up is recommended every 12 months to 24 months maximum. After 2 years, full price for microblading will apply.
For clients that choose a softer look and lighter color shade initially or those who did not follow the after care instructions properly may require more frequent touch ups.
Factors that will cause your microbladed brow tattoo fade faster:
- Oily Complexion
- Sun Exposure
- Strong Immune Systems
- Exposure to Salt Water
Technically, semi-permanent micro-pigmentation is considered permanent because the color is implanted into the upper dermal layer of the skin and cannot be washed off. However, the pigment is implanted more superficially than a traditional tattoo, so it naturally fades over time.
We take every precaution necessary to ensure the microblading procedure is as pain free as possible. A strong topical anesthetic cream is used prior to and during the procedure to keep you as comfortable as possible. Some clients find the procedure a little uncomfortable while others report no discomfort at all.
Immediately after your microblading procedure and in the first 10 days, your brows will appear significantly darker and defined than perhaps your desired look. It may continue to get darker over the next few days as scabs begin to form, however this is not an accurate indication of the finished and healed result. 30-50% of your brow color will fade as the scabs fall off within 7-10 days. In some cases, the scabs may take longer to heal and fall off. DO NOT PICK YOUR SCABS. The pigment is within the scab and you do not want to pull any pigment out of your skin prematurely. We all heal differently and what works on one client may not be effective on another so please do not compare your results. The complete healing process takes approximately 6 weeks.
We choose a color together by applying small amounts of different colored pigments to the skin near to your brows and selecting the best match for your skin tone, features and personal preference. As a rule of thumb, we closely match the color of your brow hair rather than your current hair color for the most natural results.
We use iron oxide pigments that will fade over time and are naturally absorbed by the skin. Iron oxides are innocuous, harmless and perfectly safe for your skin.
No you cannot have this treatment done if you are pregnant in case of infection.
The area can be a little sore for the first few hours and tender to touch for a couple days.
Microblading can be done over an existing brow tattoo, however the old tattoo must be significantly faded for the hair strokes to show through and look natural. Please advise if you have an existing tattoo and submit a picture to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure.
NO! Semi-Permanent makeup is done using a cosmetic tattooing process and our eyebrow pigmentation unique artistry guarantees soft, natural looking eyebrows. When we implant semi-permanent makeup pigment in the skin, it appears more natural looking than topically applied cosmetics.
During the procedure there may be some minor bleeding. This depends on the client. If you take blood thinners on a daily basis, then some slight bleeding may occur. Bruising is rare but can occur. There is usually some tenderness for a few days.
Please Note: The results are very natural and fuller looking brows. Initially, the brows appear darker, but fade significantly over a two week period. It is absolutely crucial to have a touch up done. It is very difficult to predict how well your skin will retain the pigment. Due to this and many other varying factors, we cannot guarantee your results.
- Gently apply the aftercare ointment with clean, washed hands or with sterile Q-Tips.
- Do not get your brows wet for the next 10-12 days. This includes saunas, steam rooms/baths or sweat. Apply ointment before showering and avoid putting your face directly under the shower head.
- Maintain moisture on your brows with the aftercare ointment. Reapply regularly when eyebrows feel dry or brow skin feels taught. Apply just enough product to moisten them, if your brows still visibly have product on, there is no need to apply more. Too much product will also cause the scab to lift prematurely and affect the healing process.
- Do not wipe off aftercare ointment from your eyebrows. This can cause the scab to fall off prematurely. Let the ointment absorb into the skin.
- DO NOT pick, scratch or rub your scabs.
- Avoid facial cleansers or soap on brows until scab fall off. We recommend using wash cloths or face wipes to remove makeup and cleanse face.
- Do not wear makeup over your brows until scabs have fallen off – usually up to 14 days.
- Avoid working out or sweating profusely until after 10 days. Salt in your sweat will draw the pigment out.
- Sleep on your back! Rubbing your brows on pillows may cause scabs to come off and produce patchy brow healing.
I may give alternate aftercare instructions to those with oily complexions. This will be determined during your appointment.
Lash Extensions: Faux Fringe…in fullness and length ranging from Natural to Glamorous
Full Set Classic Natural – One extension per natural lash (Initial Appointment – 1 Hour 45 Minutes) – $250
Full Set Classic Glam – Mix of Classic application and cluster application (Initial Appointment – 2 Hours 15 Minutes) – $300
- Two Weeks – $95
- Three Weeks – $115
- Four Weeks – Subject to Full Set
- Two Weeks – $110
- Three Weeks – $125
- Four Weeks – Subject to Full Set
Lash Tint – $30
Lash Lift – $125
Add Tint – $150
Lash Tint a la carte – $50
Brows: Expert Shaping for Unruly Arches
Brow Rehab (Consult and shaping) – $75
Brow Tint – $45
Brow Tint & Shape – $95
Bro-Brow Rehab (Men’s Brow Tidy – subtle shaping with Wax or Tweezers) – $75
Lash & Brow Booking Policies
- Brow services and Lash sets are rarely available with short notice – please plan to book in advance.
- Lash and Brow services are available at Sarah’s Westport location Tuesday – Thursday, by appointment only.
- I do not provide refills on other artist’s work. *Clients with lashes done elsewhere are subject to a $50 removal fee + new lash set.
- New Sets require a non-refundable $50 deposit via Zelle upon booking. Deposit will go towards your final balance.
- 50% lash retention is expected at time of fill appointment, otherwise fill is subject to assessment and overtime rates.
- Please arrive with NO MAKEUP, CLEAN + UNCURLED LASHES.
- New Set required after 4 weeks.
- Brow Clients must not have used Retin-A or chemical peels 10 days prior to Brow Services.
ARRIVE ON TIME
Please arrive on time for your appointment. Being late for your appointment sets the following client’s appointment back. We respect our clients’ time and expect the same courtesy. If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we reserve the right to cancel your appointment and your deposit will be forfeited.
APPOINTMENT ETIQUETTE & TIPS
- Guests or Children are not allowed to accompany any client to any appointment unless previously discussed and allowed at Sarah’s discretion.
- Cell Phones are to be off or silenced
- AirPods or Headphones are strongly recommended for long services like lash sets and lash fills
Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, I kindly ask for 24 hours notice. Less than 24 hours notice is subject to cancellation fee. No-show or last minute cancellations are subject to full appointment fee. Fees are payable through Zelle.
* New Full Set Clients: If you do not show up to your appointment, you will forfeit your deposit and any rescheduled appointment will need to be paid in full.
Not to be confused with strip lashes or individual clusters that are a single-event accessory, these semi-permanent extensions are glued one by one onto the natural lash (not the skin) by using a specialty adhesive that lasts up to 4 weeks.
Absolutely! I cannot stress the importance of choosing an eyelash technician who has been trained and certified with a reputable company, such as Shavasana, the company I am certified with.
A single natural eyelash is isolated and a synthetic lash is glued to the top of your own natural eyelash approximately 1mm from the eyelid so neither the glue or the lash has contact with the skin.
The procedure will take approximately 2 hours for a full set and approximately 30 minutes for a fill. It is a meticulous procedure that requires patience and concentration so therefore it should not be rushed so that you, the client, can leave with a perfect set of lashes. You relax with your eyes closed and there is no pain as this is a non-invasive procedure.
Approximately 2-4 weeks if you respect your new lashes and take care of them. Remember this is a semi-permanent beauty procedure. A real lash’s life cycle is around 25-28 days, and as yours grow and fall out, so will the synthetic ones that are attached. If your hair and nails grow quickly then that may indicate that your lashes also are growing, shedding and renewing themselves quickly so you may find that your lashes will not last as long as someone whose hair growth is slow. Your lifestyle will also make a difference how long they last.
Absolutely not! Eyelashes shed and fall on their own cycle and are constantly being replaced just like your hair. The extensions will shed and fall with your natural lash cycle. However, if you pull so hard on an extension lash and pull out your own natural lash there will be no new lash ready to grow to take its place and you will have to wait 6-8 weeks for a new lash to grow.
Yes, therefore the application is completely customized after a consultation to determine your desired “look” and what will work best on your natural lashes.
A fill is the appointment when lashes are ready to be replaced due to natural shedding. You will require in-fills every 2-4 weeks if you would like to achieve a consistently full and fresh looking set of lashes.
As explained previously, the lash has a growth cycle and unfortunately it is hard to determine which lash is ready to fall out naturally so it is unpredictable when applying the synthetic lashes. Each day we can loose 3-5 natural lashes, but often they fall out unnoticed unless they fall into your eye, but when eyelash extensions are applied we are more aware of when they shed as we know the extensions are there plus they are longer, darker and thicker. If you sleep on your stomach or sleep on one side you may notice the lashes may not last as well as the other side.
Using an eyelash curler is not recommended and will lessen the life of your eyelash extensions and perhaps damage them.
If desired you can wear a non-waterproof on the lower lashes but remember to use an oil free eye makeup remover.
Yes, but you won’t need mascara and you may even find you won’t need eyeliner! However you can still use eyeliner and eye shadows, but it’s imperative that you use an oil free makeup remover and use a Q-tip to carefully do so. Wiping the lashes with a remover pad will lessen the life of them.
Arrive early and makeup free. If you wear contact lenses please bring your contact lens case and glasses, as your lenses will need to be removed.
Yes, at any time for any reason they can be removed, however, there will be a removal charge. Extensions are easily removed with an adhesive dissolving gel. The removal process takes approximately 20 minutes and will cause no harm to your natural lashes.
No. Lashes are adhered approximately 1mm from the eyelid.
Yes. Great care is taken to ensure that the adhesive and adhesive remover does not come in contact with the skin or eyes.
- It will cut your beauty routine time down in the mornings
- No running or streaking mascara
- Lasts from 2-4 weeks with proper maintenance
- Weightless and very natural looking
- Eyelashes will appear longer, fuller and darker
- Your eyes will look bigger, more defined & gorgeous even with no make up
- Great for people who wear contact lenses
- For the first 24 hours avoid getting the lashes wet to allow the adhesive to completely dry
- Do not use a steam room or sauna for the first 24 hours to allow glue to cure
- Be gentle and respect your new lashes – avoid rubbing your eyes and do not pick, pull or play with them
- Avoid getting them caught on clothes and towels
- When drying your face do not rub – instead blot your face and do not apply pressure to your eyes or extensions
- Avoid wearing mascara as this will lessen the life of your extensions
- Do not use eye make-up remover that contains any type of oil
- Try and sleep on your back to avoid crushing your extensions on your pillow
- The golden rule for wearing eyelash extensions is the less you touch them the longer they will last.
- Chemotherapy in the last 6 months
- Latex Allergy
- Eye Infection
- Thyroid Medication may make your lashes fall sooner, which will require more frequent fills
Makeup & Skincare Tutorial
Here’s What You Can Expect
Your first meeting with me, “THE COLLECTION EDIT”, is an in depth consultation where we get to know each other and you have the opportunity to tell me your story. This is how we start working towards the most polished version of you.
- You’ll bring in all of your current makeup and tools/brushes.
- We will discuss, in depth, the skincare and makeup you currently own, what’s working for you, and what isn’t.
- Based on your needs and lifestyle, I will come up with the perfect additions to your existing skincare and makeup collection. This includes recommendations for skincare treatments and referrals to any professionals in my network that may be a good fit for your lifestyle upgrade.
- PURGE the skincare and cosmetics that aren’t working for you.
- Your fresh start has begun!
“The Collection Edit” varies for every client. Sometimes all it takes is adding one or two new items to perfectly round out an existing collection. For others it will be an entirely updated skincare and makeup collection. This customization is why the collection edit happens before your hands-on lesson, so that we have a proper kit that works for YOU and that you can immediately take home. I never pressure-sell, I shop for you from product lines that offer me no compensation or commission. I always encourage keeping your existing products, as long as they work for you and you’re getting the result that you want!!
I’ll be cherry picking from lines such as Bobbi Brown, Kevyn Aucoin, and Makeup by Mario to name a few. I strive to set my clients up for everyday success by avoiding trendy shades or anything they won’t reach for every day!
THE ONE-ON-ONE is a 2 hour hands-on makeup lesson scheduled after we have created your perfect kit, usually two to three weeks after the collection edit. During the one-on-one session we use your products, both existing and new, to work on a perfect corrective and everyday look, as well as discuss how to use simple but effective add-on techniques to elevate your look for evening. Many clients schedule a follow-up lesson down the line to work further on evening makeup!
Tutorial Investment Menu
The Collection Edit: $150 (one hour)
The One-on-one: $250 (two hours)
Shopping/Kit Refresh: $75 per hour
- Ask me about Facetime editing sessions
- If booking in home, travel fees will apply
- Kit fees range from $75 – $450 depending on your needs (Example: a $450 kit would be someone that wants a completely updated makeup collection, including brushes)